May 10, 2016

Beachbody on Demand Review: Joel Freeman/ Grab Bag: Power

To switch my routine up, every day I am trying a new workout from Beachbody on Demand. Which by the way is totally free for 30 days  if anyone wants to try it!

Beachbody on demand is a great way to check out new different workout programs, and if you are like me (i.e. bored very easily) it's perfect. There are a zillion to choose from, or you can follow what they call "Challenge du Jour." Basically every day they will suggest a different workout for you, and if you follow it daily, you will have hit all the core muscle groups and cardio in a week. 

This is a screenshot of what it looks like:


 
Today I tried this workout by a new trainer, Joel Freeman. I have to say I really liked it. It was challenging without being overly complicated. I err on the side of "massive spaz" so when things get very choreographed I want to lie on the floor in the fetal position and slurp vodka from a sippy cup. Lots of focus on form. And he didn't have too much of an over-the-top personality either, which was great. I could see myself doing it again and listening to music as it was repetitive enough that I didn't think I was going to get confused.

This was called "Grab Bag: Power." It was designed to be used with a sandbag but I used a 10 lb weight and it was perfect. It was a six workout set (3x right 3x left) that was repeated three times:

Squat and shoulder press
Lunge and cross body move
bent over rows/ upright rows
jump squats ( I did fast feet as jumping is no bueno for me)

Then there was 10 minutes of core exercises I have not seen before.

Overall I would give it 2 thumbs up!

Have you done any of Joel's workouts? What did you think?

xx, Randie

No comments

Post a Comment


UP