November 18, 2015

Meatloaf Cups-21 Day Fix Style

Yo. I have been cooking like a crazy person, in between taking children to assorted doctors appointments. Who knew girls were so accident prone? I never had stitches and broke my first (and only....JINX) bone at 21. Yet between both my girls I have been to the emergency room more times than I can count. Good thing they like vegetables and protein-hopefully they are growing strong bones.

I have been rocking the 21 Day Fix Extreme and I am so happy that I can make recipes that fit my lifestyle and still taste amazing. And when the other people in my house like them- all the better. This weekend I made meatloaf cups and I decided to make a huge batch so I could have lunches for the week. So know that the recipe makes a shit ton. I served them with the Spicy Sweet Potato Hash...another recipe you won't regret.

Meatloaf Cups: Makes 24 (12 servings)

Ingredients:

3 pounds ground lean meat (I used 1 lb, 99% turkey, 1 lb 93% beef, and 1 lb 92% pork)

1 large onion

1 package mushrooms (any kind is fine, I used crimini)

1 package frozen spinach-drained and thawed

1 TBSP salt

1 TBSP pepper

1 TBSP garlic powder

1 TBSP dried parsley

3 eggs, lightly beaten

3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs

1/4 cup stock or water

Directions:

1. Place onion and mushroom in a food processor. Pulse until chopped super fine-or whatever mushy texture you come up with. It doesn't really matter.

2. Heat a pan to medium. Add in stock, onion/mushroom mixture, and spinach. Cook for 10 minutes and then cool.

3. combine everything in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands because it's important to get dirty now and again.

4. Spray 2 12 hole muffin tins with nonstick spray. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

OPTIONAL: Top with ketchup or BBQ sauce for your kids or whoever needs red paint on their meatloaf.

Viola! enjoy. 2 "muffins" are 1 red, .5 green and .25 yellow. A steal!


xx, Randie

5 comments

  1. I just love that you say shit ton, I say it all the time an everybody is like.......what?? Lol These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the nutrition info? Calories and protein specifically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As all others, diabetic patients should not eat foods as they like with own choice. Consulting a doctor is essential, and only selected foods recommended by the dietitians should be taken. There are restrictions to the amount of foods to consume and the items of foods to select. He can control blood glucose with proper diet along with some medication, home based or synthetic in nature. The choice of foods should be according to the diabetic condition and body type. There are best foods to eat for diabetics. To be safe, a patient prone to type 2 diabetes should have a diabetic diet plan for ready reference is chinese food ok for diabetic

    ReplyDelete


UP