November 16, 2015

Healthy Thanksgiving Recipe Round-Up: Quinoa salad with Pepitas and Fruit

I cooked so much this weekend and I realized a few things.

1. Cooking is a great avoidance technique. I *still* have not finished my thank you cards from my June wedding. ****BRIDE FAIL****

2. I would love a cleaning person to follow me around. Sometimes things take a lot of pots and pans!

3. I really derive so much pleasure watching other people enjoy my food. It's such an emotional high. Especially Mr. J who has a bad habit of dumping extraneous sauce all over things.

4. Healthy recipes + yummy = total win.

This would be an amazing side dish for your Thanksgiving table. It is a bit sweet so would be a nice counter to the savory heavy turkey and stuffing. Plus it's perfect to eat leftover for breakfast!

Quinoa salad with fruit and pepitas. Serves 9.

Ingredients: 1.5 cups quinoa, rinsed

1 c grapes, quartered

1 tbsp honey

1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas) (or chopped walnuts or pecans would be good)

1 tbsp chia

1 apple, diced

2 tbsp melted coconut oil

Himalayan salt to taste

(you can also add pomegranate or raisins but I did not)

Boil 3 cups of water. Put in quinoa, cover and turn heat to low for 20 minutes.

While it's cooking put everything else in a big bowl, except coconut oil.

Add the quinoa to the bowl with all the other goodies. Gently toss to combine. Drizzle coconut oil on top and toss to combine. Salt to taste. If you are following the 21 day fix each serving is one yellow, 1 orange and .5 purple

Good hot or cold! Let me know how you like it.

xx, Randie

No comments

Post a Comment


UP