November 14, 2015

Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

Do you ever have those days you wake up STARVING? Yeah, me too. And today was that day. I was literally on the verge of eating my child if I didn't get food into my mouth soon. And since I try not to have my life resemble Silence of the Lambs, I decided to make something.

Breakfast if often a struggle for me as eating eggs kind of grosses me out. I decided to experiment with healthified pancakes and it was a home run! Plus, now I am not hangry anymore, and that's for the benefit of society at large.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup oats

2 eggs

1 tsp baking powder

2 TBSP almond milk (or whatever white stuff you use)

1/2 cup pureed pumpkin

1 tsp vanilla

pinch Himalayan salt

one scoop chocolate Shakeology

Directions:

Mix everything together in a bowl.

Use an immersion blender (or any other blender) and mix until it is combined and looks like chocolate pudding.

Coat a pan with coconut oil cooking spray (Trader Joe's has a great one, but there are others as well). Put on medium heat and wait until pan is hot. Pour pancake batter in 1/4 cup at a time and cook about 3 minutes per side.

Serve with sliced fruit or whatever the hell you find appealing. Mmmmmm berries. Enjoy. Keep the grabby paws of your children away...they are too good! Serves two; each serving is 1 red and 1/2 yellow if you are following the 21 Day Fix.


xx, Randie

2 comments


UP