November 23, 2015

Peruvian Spicy Sweet Potato Hash- Thanksgiving 21 day fix recipe round-up, part 3

This was so good, in a comfort-food-gone-slightly-fancy kind of way. It's easy, really. But it looks so pretty on the plate and that makes people think you are really cool. I like when people think I am cool. Which as it turns out-when you are a mother to tween girls NO ONE THINKS YOU ARE LESS COOL. Want to know what happens when you google "my mom is cooler than me meme?" ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Except that google laughs at your stupidity and you hang your head in shame. Luckily I don't derive all my self worth from my daughters' treatment of me in public.

Sweet potatoes are amazing. Do you not eat them? That's a shame and we are going to change that immediately. So make this, it's a great side for grilled chicken, meatloaf, or even with turkey at your holiday table.

Ingredients:

6 cups diced sweet potato ( about 2 large)

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1 tsp oregano

1 TBSP adobo sauce (i opened a can of chipotles I had)

5 garlic cloves, minced

2 TBSP olive oil

1 can black beans, drained

2 cups green beans, cut into 1" pieces

1 tomato, diced and seeded

1/4 cup unsalted raw pumpkin seeds

1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco

Instructions Preheat your oven to 400.

Combine the first 9 ingredients (except adobo!) and mix well. Put on a tray coated with non-stick spray and roast until soft and kinda crispy, about 20 minutes.

Wile that's cooking, put green beans on a skillet with 1/4 cup water and adobo sauce. Cook on high heat until they look bright green but starting to cook, like 5 minute. Add tomatoes and beans and heat through.

Toss cooked bean mixture, roasted sweet potatoes and cheese and seeds. Mix well and eat. Did I need to tell you to eat it? That seems obvious. Sorry If I am talking to you like my children talk to me. It must be catchy!

Serves 8, each serving is a yellow and a 1/2 green and a tsp if you are following the 21 day fix.

xx, Randie

No comments

Post a Comment


UP