June 16, 2016

Don't cut your fingers off.



My ex-husband's brother was a chef. OK actually, he still is a chef. He's just not my brother-in-law anymore. But that's neither here nor there. Anyway, he taught me a long time ago how to be safe will you hold a knife and I'm so thankful for those skills. I'm spazzy enough that cutting off my finger is just the kind of thing I would do. And no one likes a bloody digit in their dinner.

When you are chopping things, but most often vegetables, it's important to curve your fingers like I am in this picture. The reason to do this is twofold; one, it allows you to get a smooth chopping motion which will in turn allows you to chop much more rapidly. But more importantly, when you have your fingers bent so that your tips are folded under, if the knife slips you'll just hit your knuckle as opposed to cutting off your finger.

You're welcome.




xx, Randie

No comments

Post a Comment


UP